Sing Out Detroit is a member of GALA Choruses, a national organization for LGBT+ choruses. We are a 501(c)(3) organization eligible for grants. If you know of any organization that supports the arts or LGBT groups with grants, please let us know!
Click the “Contact Us” tab above for more info about joining our chorus or helping out (we always welcome help from non-singers)!
Our Board of Directors:
Linda Brincat- President
Michael Quirouette – VP
Brandon VanHouten – Treasurer
Angela Hollander- Secretary
Valerie Oster – Member at Large
Heather Smith – Member at Large
Ruth Haury- Member at Large
Michelle Mormul- Member at Large
Our Mission and Vision
Sing Out Detroit is a diverse, inclusive chorus that provides a supportive environment for LGBT people and Allies to share the joy of musical performance. Our Vision is to uplift and inspire others with our musical performances to bring about positive social change.
Our Core Values
Sing Out Detroit maintains five core values that guide us in achieving our Mission and Vision. Under each core value are the behaviors we exercise to uphold our core values.
• Be bold in our self-expression
• Have courage to try fresh ideas
• Step out of our comfort zone to create measurable improvement
• Warmly welcome our diverse membership
• Respect each other’s differences as we unite toward shared goals
• Stay open-minded when selecting music and when adding movement to enhance our musical performances
• Strive to deliver exceptional performances that entertain, educate and inspire
• Commit to improving our accountability, dependability and efficiency
• Be willing to learn and grow in order to be the best we can be
• Work together with enthusiastic cooperation
• Maintain a harmonious space where everyone can thrive
• Share goodwill with everyone we encounter
• Give generously of our talents to make a positive difference
• Touch audiences with uplifting messages that have enduring impact
• Have pride in our accomplishments and gratitude for the support we receive.