Singing with a choir like Sing Out Detroit can not only be fun, it can improve your overall health and Happiness!
1. Singing with Sing Out Detroit will help you make new friends.
2. Singing can make you feel happier by releasing endorphins!
3. When you sing with other people, or in a chorus like Sing Out Detroit, your heartbeat can sync up with other singers. Sixty hearts beating together. That’s pretty awesome!
4. Singing with Sing Out Detroit may help you reduce stress and allow you to sleep better at night. Singing is shown to help release oxytocin which is a natural stress reliever.
5. Joining a group like Sing Out Detroit can help alleviate feelings of loneliness, anxiety and depression.
6. Singing can improve heart rate and make you less likely to develop high blood pressure and heart disease.
7. Singing will help improve your posture and make you look and feel more confident. Our director teaches and promotes good posture habits.
8. Singing with a choir can give you a feeling of safety. We are a diverse and inclusive group.
9. Singing is a workout for your brain. It can help improve memory, mental alertness, and concentration. Yes, we sing off book! (memorize our music)
In addition to all of these benefits, singing can help strengthen your core muscles, your lungs and improve your circulation. It may also improve dementia, and reduce chronic pain. Let’s face it, singing might just help you live a longer and happier life.
The advice provided in this article is not meant as a professional opinion, diagnosis or treatment. 🙂